Thank you to the Fort Wayne community for its support of the 2020 Festival of Trees. Now that the in-person festival has concluded, we humbly ask for your help in purchasing or gifting the virtual tour for $25.
This is our biggest fundraiser of the year. If you were unable to visit us in person for the 2020 festival or would like a beautiful option to share with family or an affordable gift, you can take a virtual tour through the trees in the comfort of the place you call home. We have 44 spectacular trees for your viewing pleasure. All are unique. Beautiful. Heartwarming. Inspiring. And, a few are even humorous.
A purchase allows unlimited viewing for 48 hours. You must supply an accurate email address to receive your exclusive link to the tour.
This is a cost effective way to support the Embassy during a challenging year. Thank you!
ACCESS THE DIGITAL PROGRAM HERE: 2020 Festival of Trees Program
2020 Festival of Trees – Nov. 25 – Dec. 2
Details, Schedule and COVID-19 Protocols
Founded in 1984, the Festival of Trees supports ongoing operational and restoration efforts for the Embassy Theatre Foundation. The festival is the organization’s largest annual fundraising event.
First floor lobbies of the Embassy Theatre and Indiana Hotel will be transformed into a wonderland of 45+ decorated trees under the theme of Comfort and Joy. Admission includes a virtual visit with Santa.
The Festival of Trees will look and feel different, and the magic and joy it brings to families and friends will remain.
Please note the following COVID-19 Protocols
The Embassy is following board of health guidelines for patrons, staff and volunteers.
Facial Coverings: Masks or face shields are required. No exceptions. Any patron unwilling to wear a mask is encouraged to purchase a virtual ticket.
Ticketing: There are a limited number of tickets for each 60- or 90-minute time block. The organization encourages patrons to purchase in advance. If a time block is filled when a patron arrives, entry may be available in another timed entry block.
Cleaning the Building: Between each 60- or 90-minute time block there will be rigorous cleaning of frequently touched surfaces along the traffic path as well as in restrooms.
Virtual Santa: Santa Claus is still joining the festival virtually, and families will be able to see and talk to him and take a picture with Santa in Santa Land.
One-way Traffic: All walking traffic patterns will be one way. The trees will be positioned to facilitate this pattern. Signage will be clear and staff will be available to clarify the walking path.
Food: No food or beverages will be sold or allowed in the festival so that patrons can remain masked.
Online Program: The Festival of Trees program booklet will be available online this year to create a touchless experience by scanning a QR code or accessing it on the Embassy web page. The Embassy encourages patrons to access this guide through their phone or device. Voting for favorite trees and entries for raffles will also be online.
Virtual Festival of Trees: For those unable to attend the Festival of Trees, a video tour will be available as a ticketing option. The virtual ticket will be for sale on Nov. 25 and the online tour will be available for viewing Dec. 3, 2020, through Jan. 1, 2021. (A link will be emailed to virtual ticket buyers to share the video tour of the trees.)
Individuals 65 years of age and older or those in high-risk categories are encouraged to not attend the event. Patrons are asked to assess their health before arriving and stay home if ill or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. Any patrons who arrive at the Embassy ill or displaying symptoms of COVID-19 will be sent home. While the Embassy works hard to reduce exposure to COVID-19, the public is assuming the inherent risk of possible exposure.
- $10/adult (13+ years)
- $5/youth ages 1-12
- Children under 1 year old are free (ticket required; inquire at box office)
- $25 Virtual Tour (ticket available to purchase Nov. 25; video available Dec. 3)
2020 Festival of Trees Hours and Schedule of Events
Wednesday, Nov. 25 (OPEN TO PUBLIC: 4-9:30 p.m.)
- 36th Annual Festival of Trees Opening Day
- Debut of animated holiday windows (located on Harrison St. side of the theater)
- Virtual visit with Santa Claus in Santa Land
Thursday, Nov. 26 (OPEN TO PUBLIC: 2-9:30 p.m.)
- Enjoy the Festival after Thanksgiving lunch or dinner, a special treat for out-of-town guests
- Virtual visit with Santa Claus in Santa Land
Friday, Nov. 27 – Sunday, Nov. 29 (OPEN TO PUBLIC: 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m.)
- 8-10:45 a.m.: Breakfast with Santa – Join Santa for breakfast at the Embassy during the Festival of Trees. Separate event ticket required ($30 per person). Includes a private tour of the festival before it opens to the public and then Breakfast with Santa programming to begin around 9 a.m. Local food vendor featured as well as an engaging holiday performance from the Fort Wayne Youtheatre. Patrons should enter through theater lobby. Seating is very limited.
- 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m.: Festival continues. Virtual visit with Santa Claus in Santa Land.
Monday, Nov. 30 – Wednesday, Dec. 2 (OPEN TO PUBLIC: 9 a.m.-8:30 p.m.)
- 9 a.m.-8:30 p.m.: Festival continues. Virtual visit with Santa Claus in Santa Land.
Thursday, Dec. 3 (OPEN TO PUBLIC: 9 a.m.-8:00 p.m.)
- 9 a.m.-8:00 p.m.: Festival continues. Virtual visit with Santa Claus in Santa Land.
Friday, Dec. 4 – Saturday, Dec. 5 (OPEN TO PUBLIC: 11 a.m.-8:45 p.m.)
- 11 a.m.-8:45 p.m.: Festival continues. Virtual visit with Santa Claus in Santa Land.
Sunday, Dec. 6 (OPEN TO PUBLIC: 2:15-4:30 p.m.)
- 2:15-4:30 p.m.: Festival’s FINAL DAY. Virtual visit with Santa Claus in Santa Land.
The 2020 Festival Trees is made possible by support from Fort Wayne Metals, Indiana Michigan Power, Chuck & Lisa Surack and Sweetwater, and SDI.
Media sponsors are Fort Wayne Newspapers, ABC21, Majic 95.1 and The Papers.
Activities at the Embassy are made possible in part by Arts United of Greater Fort Wayne and the Indiana Arts Commission, which receives support from the State of Indiana and the National Endowment for the Arts.