BEHIND THE SCREEN
2016 date soon, 9:30 a.m. -1:30 p.m.
Behind the Screen activities include:
- See two vintage silent movies, The Little Rascals and Behind the Screen with live accompaniment by the Grande Page pipe organ.
- Watch the stage crew remove the movie screen and put the organ into storage.
- Enjoy free popcorn.
- Follow an experienced guide on a tour of the historic theater.
- Participate in creative projects such as:
- Doing a scavenger hunt
- Playing Embassy Jeopardy
- Creating a paper mosaic in the style of the Italian mosaic lobby floor
- Making a rubbing of textured Italian tiles in the Indiana Hotel Lobby
- Learning to draw one of the architectural features of the theater
Behind the Screen timeline:
9:30 – 11 a.m.
- Viewing of two short silent comedies listed above
- Grande Page pipe organ accompaniment by house organist Cletus Goens
- Brief history and tour of the Embassy Theatre
- Stay and watch stagehands take down organ and screen
11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Backstage group tours
- 16 creative activity stations
After the event, attendees will receive a free frozen Fruit and Veggie bar courtesy of Edy’s Ice Cream while supplies last.
Behind the Screen is sponsored by:
This program is made possible with support
from Arts United of Greater Fort Wayne, the Indiana Arts Commission, a state
agency, and the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency.