2021-2022 Learn It Live Programs
While there is nothing quite like the live experience, we want to find a way for you to share great quality performances and shows that inspire student engagement. For the 2021-2022 school year, we will offer virtual streaming performances adapted for asynchronous learning as well as one in-person performance in February 2022. They make teaching easy for you and instructive for your students.
INCLUDED WITH YOUR REGISTRATION FOR VIRTUAL EVENTS:
- Teacher resource or study guide which aligns with Indiana State academic standards
- Performance video
- Extras such as Q&As with performer(s)
- Closed captioning is available for accessibility
- An online evaluation will be sent to you after viewing the video for reporting purposes
STREAMING VIRTUAL PERFORMANCES and IN-PERSON PERFORMANCES ARE FREE TO SCHOOLS!
FULL STEAM AHEAD LIVE VOL. 3 – WHEN SCIENCE GOES VIRAL – OCTOBER 11-22, 2021
Join Mister C in his at home lab for another amazing day of fun learning as he attempts the world’s coolest experiments! Mister C brings his regional Emmy nominated television show, Full STEAM Ahead, to life with hair-raising experiments, toe-tapping music, and media that captures the imagination of students and parents!
Full STEAM Ahead Vol. 3 – When Science Goes Viral is an action packed adventure that inspires students’ curiosity to explore science found in our everyday lives! Are you ready to take the #SuperSTEAMchallenge and make the ordinary extraordinary? Mister C is! Grades 1-5. Running time: 70 minutes – science program (60 min.) with Q &A (10 min.)
- Content available to STREAM ON DEMAND at a time of your choosing from October 11- 22 – two full school weeks – through a platform the Embassy uses and trusts called ShowTix4U.
- Register here: https://www.showtix4u.com/event-details/56606. You will receive an access code via email to stream the content. One registration per class required.
- An online evaluation will be sent to you after viewing the video for education programming and grant reporting purposes. These are critical to helping the Embassy develop quality education products to serve your needs.
Looking for more Mister C experiments? Visit www.youtube.com/learningscienceisfun for over 300 songs, experiments and educational videos! You can also visit www.learningscienceisfun.com or follow Mister C on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at @originalmisterc.
BLACK VIOLIN – FEBRUARY 7-MARCH 27, 2022
Black Violin is composed of violist and violinist Wil B and Kev Marcus. They combine their classical training with hip-hop influences to create a distinctive multi-genre sound that is described as “classical boom.” Grades K-12
5 DAYS WITH STEP AFRIKA! – APRIL 11-24, 2022
Step Afrika! is the world’s first professional company dedicated to the tradition of stepping – a polyrhythmic, percussive dance form that uses the body as an instrument. Grades K-12
TREKKING MEXICO – TUES., FEBRUARY 1 & WED., FEBRUARY 2, 2022 AT 10 A.M.
Students will take a deep dive into Mexican folk traditions, both ancient and temporary. This colorful experience takes you on a Mexican expedition of historic and geographic regions through folkloric music and dance. This multimedia show will whisk you away on a joyful ride through this culturally rich republic leaving your students with an enhanced awareness of the global community. Grades K-8
Email Maggie Hunter, education manager, at email@example.com for information on any Learn It Live performance or to be added to our contact list for educational programming.
Support for the Embassy’s Learn It Live educational programming is provided by the Lincoln Financial Foundation and the Marion-Clairmont Family Fund. Additional support provided in loving memory of Gloria E. Baker.
Programming at the Embassy Theatre is made possible by the support of the Indiana Arts Commission, Arts United of Greater Fort Wayne, and the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency. Additional support is provided by the Dr. Louis and Anne B. Schneider Foundation and PNC Charitable Trusts.