The Embassy welcomes audiences back to the theater, to enjoy iconic films from a century past, set to the thrilling sounds of its 4-manual, 16-rank Grande Page Pipe organ. The Grande Page pipe organ is lovingly maintained by a dedicated group of volunteers, and has for the past century, drawn organ fanatics—at times, party train-cars full of them—to hear this magnificent organ played, by some of the greats—including our beloved Buddy Nolan. We hope to honor this history, and invite the community to join us as we re-visit silent cinema classics and feature artists such as Ken Double, Mark Herman, Dennis James and Clark Wilson, who will lend context to the films and music, at each event.
The theater lobby will be open to patrons one full hour prior to show-time. In addition to special desserts, vintage candies, and specialty cocktails—full concessions and bars will be available to patrons.
The Embassy Theatre 2021-22 Organ and Film events will commence in September 2021 and will extend through July 2022.
General Admission tickets are priced at $10.
Entry will be FREE for senior citizens over age 65, children age 12 years or younger and Embassy members. Contact the Embassy Box Office at (260) 424-5665 to secure your FREE tickets!
If you prefer socially distanced seating please request socially distanced seating when you call the box office at 260.424.5665, along with the number of tickets and your name. We can also provide free parking for buses for groups traveling together-Let us know in advance at the box office. Sensory kits and hearing assist devices also available at the Embassy Theatre Box Office.
A full listing of program events, follows:
- Sept 25, 2021 – Magnificent Melodies with Ken Double, a Grande Page organ concert
7:30 PM | 120 minutes, with 20 minute intermission
- May 1, 2022 – Buddy Nolan Memorial Concert with Mark Herman, a Grande Page organ concert
3:00PM | 120 minutes, with 20 minute intermission
- June 12, 2022 – Blood & Sand (1922), B&W silent film, with organist Dennis James
3:00PM | (80 min); starring Rudolph Valentino
- June 26, 2022 – Grandma’s Boy (1922); High and Dizzy, (1920); B&W silent films, organist Clark Wilson
3:00PM | Grandma’s Boy (60 min), High and Dizzy (26 min); films starring Harold Lloyd
- July 10, 2022 – Oliver Twist (1922), B&W silent film and musical selections; organist Clark Wilson
3:00PM | (74 min); film features Lon Chaney and Jackie Coogan
- July 24, 2022 – The Iron Horse (1924), 150 minutes; original score; organist Dennis James
3:00PM | (150 min); directed by John Ford, film deals with the building of the transcontinental railroad and culminates with a re-enactment of the driving of the Golden Spike.
Embassy programming is made possible by: